Research Vienna Region
Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland
3.42% research quota in Vienna is above the Lisbon target of 3% in the EU. The 2.62% research quota in the VIENNA REGION is also well above the EU average.
The commitment of advanced companies to R&D is complemented by the work of a broad-based network of research institutes.
As a whole, R&D expenditures in the VIENNA REGION come to EUR 3,63 billion. Recipients are the Region's more than 2,000 research facilities and their 17,500 highly qualified scientists. These facts make the VIENNA REGION the top venue of scientific research in Austria - and one of the top venues in Europe.
- Universities in Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland
- Universities of Applied Sciences in Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland
- Other Research Centers in Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland
Important Areas in Research are:
- Life Sciences
- Information and communication technology
- Automotive, transport and logistics engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Technology
- Microsystems Technology and Nanotechnologies
- Physical and chemical surface treatment
- Green Building and Innovative Construction
- Rapid Prototyping RPT
- Powder Injection Molding PIM
- Health care